X-lite is a great free Softphone which can be used with Layer Four, to register your softphone to your account just follow the steps below:
- Download and install X-Lite free version
- You can get the X-Lite for free from here. After downloading the application, install it on your machine.
- Open X-Lite
- Go to the 'Account Settings' tab
- Go to the Softphone >> Account Settings menu.
Configure the SIP account
- To set up your account, follow the next steps:
- Fill in an Account name, for example
John Doeor simply
- Select the check boxes corresponding to the options available in the Allow this account for section:
- Call - So that you can make voice/video calls.
- IM/Presence - So that you can see the status of your friends/colleagues - e.g. online, busy, ringing, offline.
Fill in the folllow data in the User Details section:
- User ID - It must be the extension ID you received from the Layer Four (e.g.:
- Domain - You must specify the server hostname or IP address where your account is provisioned (e.g.: pbx1.layer4.net or sip.layer4.net).
- Password - It must be the password set in the Phone Control Panel, in the Edit Extension page or theSIP Preferences section of the extension, available by clicking the Provisioning and SIP icon.
- Display name - It can be a name at your choice (e.g.:
- Leave the options available in the Domain Proxy section as they are.
Set the register timer
- To set the required timers, from the Advanced tab, customize the following options available in the Register Settings section:
- Reregister every - Set to 60 seconds.
- Minimum time - Leave the default value, 20 seconds.
- Maximum time - Set to 180 seconds.
Ready to start dialing
- After making this changes you should be able to see a window similar to the one below:
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution